2010-11-11

Make do and mend

Today I'm gonna write in English, my mind is still set on Non-Swedish-mode, for some reason. Even though I have been home for a week. Maybe it's because I've been writing so many emails in English? Anyway, changed the colourscheme a bit, easier for the eye, no?
And here is a make do and mend project for you. I bought a three piece suit at a flea market a while ago. The jacket fitted me nicely, so did the skirt, but I thought it was too short and had a little bit of 90's feeling to it. But the trousers were way to small for me. What to do?


Here is the skirt, from back and front.





And here are the trousers, on Mia, on their way to become her new shorts.


And here is the "new skirt"





What I did was this: I cut the legs off, made the trousers into shorts and gave them to Mia. Then i cut long strips of the rest of the legs, folded, and pleated them. Sew the strips on to the skirt, making it longer and gave it a nice heaviness to it. I also hightened and emphasized the waist, by adding a wide waistband.


Here's my new Autumn ensemble. What do you think?

5 kommentarer:

  1. riktigt snyggt förutom den stackars räven

    SvaraRadera
  2. Tänkte just tacka för din fina och inspirerande blogg, men så blev jag himla ledsen av den döda räven. Det var ju så fint utan den! Förstår att den inte är nyköpt, men genom att bära päls ger man ändå stöd (särskilt om man är en inspirationskälla för andra) för denna grymma industri. Snälla, inget mer sånt!

    SvaraRadera
  3. klippa av byxan för att förlänga kjolen genialt!!! Kjolen blev ursnygg!!!

    SvaraRadera
  4. Toksnyggt! Bra jobbat och bara älskar rävboan:))

    SvaraRadera